[Webinar] What’s Missing from Customer Decision Journey Work?
Posted May 8, 2019by
Join us on Thursday, May 23rd to learn how to guide comms planning, build CX, and train AI tools off human decision journeys. Can't make it? Register and receive a link to the recording.
In the last decade we’ve seen an explosion of interest in the Customer Journey. Why? Digital and social media have dramatically changed the path to decision-making, the size and diversity of influences and channels, and the experience customers expect. At the same time, AI and machine learning improvements promise marketers personalization tools like never before possible.
The problem? Old, linear models are still at play to inform cutting edge solutions being deployed today. Messaging, channel/touchpoint planning, and CX delivery today must ALL be about the right experience, in the right place, at the right time. But this requires understanding how human systems operate and interact with the resources around them when a customer, consumer, voter, employee, stakeholder, or partner makes a decision.
Our approach is to leverage systems thinking when unpacking the decision-making journey.
1. We know the path is shaped and behaviors influenced by the brand and life systems in which people make their decisions.
2. We identify the rational and emotional drivers of the decision at each stage of the process to showcase what is most relevant at different points in the journey.
3. This involves mapping the discrete behaviors, interactions, and feedback loops that revolve around the needs, wants, and realities of your most important audience – mapping the system.
4. Our Journey Map allows you to capture a holistic view of decision dynamics while also providing the detailed view you will need.
When you understand how these systems work, you uncover the role(s) you need to play in context of everything else. Our outputs make the findings actionable to guide comms planning, inform CX design, inspire product/service innovation, and/or better train AI tools to optimize the human experience.
Bottom line: clear imperatives for brand success.
Register today. In this webinar you’ll learn key principles to make your next Customer Decision Journey study a home run. Sharpen your knowledge of:
• How many Customer Decision Journey studies fall short
• The lessons we can learn from Systems thinking to improve these studies
• How mapping in this way better informs an array of strategic planning needs
Heart+Mind Strategies’ Brand, Systems+Journey team leader, Maury Giles, will use riveting case studies to show you a different way of thinking about the decision Journey. Mr. Giles is a serial entrepreneur and innovation expert who’s known as a high energy, entertaining speaker. He’ll inspire you and lead you to a new way of thinking about the Customer Decision Journey.
Maury Giles, Partner - Brand, System & Journey Solutions Team Leader, Heart+Mind Strategies