Personally Identifiable Information (PII) Collected Via the Platform
Whenever you use our Platform, we may collect non-identifying information from you, such as your IP address, interactions with the Platform, query information, location information, pricing data, research history, location and GPS information, referring URL, browser, application interaction, mobile provider information, operating system, data usage, data transferred, and Internet Service Provider.
Please be aware that we me may collect and aggregate personally identifiable information from our Platform and may anonymize that information for our own research or internal purposes. Once such data has been anonymized, it cannot be traced back to you, the user.
This section explains how we plan on using your information submitted by us. In order to use our Platform, you agree that we may use your personally identifiable information:
- To enhance or improve your user experience.
- To share with users of the Platform.
- To improve the Platform.
- To email you newsletters and marketing as required.
- To understand how you communicate and use our Platform.
- To contact and correspond with you and to respond to your inquiries.
If you have submitted information to our Platform you will be unable to edit that information. When using our Platform you may be able to access and edit your information via the Platform dashboard. However, you will be unable to opt out of any of our data collection practices via the Platform. If at any time, you have any questions or wish to review, change, or delete any of your information collected by us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, if you would like us to permanently remove any accessible copies of your information, please follow the instructions listed within the “removal of information” section and contact us at email@example.com. After you have cancelled your account please be aware that we may keep inaccessible copies of your information for a commercially reasonable period of time.
If you wish to have any of your personal information stored within the NYACS Platform removed, please contact us. With each removal request you must list the information you wish to have removed exactly as listed. Please be aware that removal requests are not processed instantaneously. There may be a reasonable delay in removing any information requested.
As NYACS collects data from multiple sources a single removal request may not eliminate all of your personal information listed in our database. Therefore, you may be required to submit multiple requests. If your information repeatedly reappears please contact us.
You may make a removal request by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, please label the subject of the email with the following “Removal Request – Your Full Name and Account Name”.
Although you are entering into an Agreement with NYACS to disclose your information to us, we do use third party individuals and organizations to assist us, including contractors, web hosts, and others to allow you to access the Platform.
You agree that we may disclose your information to authorities if compelled to by a court order. Additionally, you agree that we may disclose your information if we reasonably believe that you have violated any US laws or the terms of any of our agreements with you or if we believe that a third party is at risk of bodily harm. In the event that we receive a subpoena affecting your privacy, we may elect to notify you to give you an opportunity to file a motion to quash the subpoena, or we may attempt to quash it ourselves, but we are not obligated to do either. We may also proactively report you and release your information without receiving any request to third parties where we believe that it is proper to do so for legal reasons, where your actions violate any laws of the US or any other country having jurisdiction over us, our Platform, or the Platform. You release us from any damages that may arise from or relate to the release of your information to a request from law enforcement agencies or private litigants. We may release your information under the conditions listed in this paragraph whether it is to individuals or entities and to any state or national authorities, as required.
If you decide to provide us with your contact information, you agree that we may send you communications via text and email. However, you may unsubscribe from certain communications by notifying NYACS that you no longer wish to receive these communications, we will endeavour to promptly remove you from our notification listings once we have received that request. We currently do not offer website functionality for you to opt out of any “do not track” listings. If you wish to opt out of certain communications or information collection, please contact us at email@example.com.
NYACS may post links to third party websites on our Platform, which may include information that we have no control over. When accessing a third party site through our Platform, you acknowledge that you are aware that these third party websites are not screened for privacy or security issues by us, and you release us from any liability for the conduct of these third party websites.
We make reasonable attempts to protect your information by using physical and electronic safeguards. For these reasons NYACS employs SSL certificates. However, as our Platform are hosted electronically we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information. For this reason, we recommend that you use anti-virus software, routine credit checks, firewalls, and other precautions to protect yourself from security and privacy threats.
We intend to fully comply with American and international laws respecting children’s privacy. Therefore, we do not collect or process any information for any persons under the age of 18. If you are under 18 please do not access the Platform.
In the event that the NYACS is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your information may be sold or transferred as part of that transaction. Please be aware that once the information is transferred your privacy rights may change.
Your Rights Under the GDPR
The right to be informed
NYACS wishes to keep you informed as to what we do with your personal information. We strive to be transparent about how we use your data.
The right to access
You have the right to access your information at any time. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to access the personal information NYACS holds about you.
The right to rectification
If the information NYACS holds about you is inaccurate or not complete, you have the right to ask us to rectify it. If that data has been passed to a third party with your consent or for legal reasons, then we must also ask them to rectify the data. Please contact us for more information: email@example.com
The right to erasure
Sometimes called ‘the right to be forgotten’. You have the right to request that NYACS to erase all your personal data, if you wish to do so please our team: firstname.lastname@example.org
The right to restrict processing
You have the right to ask NYACS to restrict how we process your data. This means we are permitted to store the data but not further process it. We will only keep enough data to ensure that we can accommodate any additional requests. Please contact our team at: email@example.com
The right to data portability
NYACS must allow you to port and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different platforms. Please contact our team if you wish to receive additional information on how to port your data elsewhere: firstname.lastname@example.org. This right only applies to personal data that you have provided to us as a data controller.
The right to object
You have the right to object to NYACS processing your data even if our processing is due to legitimate purposes as described in our Privacy Notice, if you have any objections please contact our team at: email@example.com
The right to withdraw consent
If you have given us your consent to process your data but change your mind later, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and NYACS must stop processing your data. If you want to withdraw your consent, please contact our team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the GDPR, you may exercise these rights by contacting us. If we process your information based on our legitimate interests or those of a third party, or in the public interest, you can object to this processing, and we will cease processing your information, unless the processing is based on compelling legitimate grounds or is needed for legal reasons. You can also object to our processing of your information by contacting us.
Under the GDPR, personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed or otherwise anonymized. As such, for the purposes of this Privacy Notice we may collect additional PII, including: your IP address, interactions with the Platform, query information, location information, pricing data, research history, location and GPS information, combined anonymous data, referring URL, browser, application interaction, mobile provider information, operating system, data usage, data transferred, and Internet Service Provider.
The following are the specific legitimate purposes that we may use your PII for:
- CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION - We may use your PII to (1) negotiate, execute, renew and/or manage a contract with you; (2) process billing information and payments related thereto; and/or (3) communicate with you in respect of the above (including sending (legal) notifications).
- ACCESS AND COMMUNICATIONS TO OUR SOFTWARE AND SERVICES - We may use your PII to (1) set-up and manage the your NYACS account; (2) interact with you through our Platform (e.g. software updates, Platform announcements, etc.): and/or (3) manage and respond to your questions (e.g. technical, commercial or administrative) or requests for maintenance and support.
- THE USE OF THE PLATFORM - We may use your PII to (1) enable you to enjoy the use of, and easily navigate the Platform; and/or (2) better understand your needs and interests.
- SHARING WITH THIRD PARTIES - We may use your personal information to share with our partner companies or future affiliates for research, marketing, and other purposes. We may also share your information service providers with whom we contract with such as contractors, web hosts, data providers and others so that we may provide you any services and allow you to access the Platform. If you wish to find an updated list of third parties we collect and share information with, please contact us.
- ALLOWING DOWNLOADS FROM THE PLATFORM - We may use your PII to allow you download data or content from the Platform.
- TRAINING & IMPROVEMENTS - We may use your PII to (1) train our employees or contractors to allow for a better Platform experience; and/or (2) improve the Platform.
- DIRECT MARKETING - We may use your PII to contact you for additional products and services that you may be interested in.
- INFORMATION THIRD PARTIES PROVIDE ABOUT YOU – We may receive information from other businesses or users about you. For example, when other users submit a company inquiry or create a company profile they may include your information in such an inquiry. We require each of these users and businesses to have lawful rights to collect, use, and share your information before providing any information to us.
NYACS will only retain your PII for as long as required. We will keep your personal information:
- For any legally required duration.
- Until we no longer have a valid reason to keep or use your PII.
- Upon your request to eliminate, delete, or modify any of you PII stored with us.
Where you have requested modification or deletion of your PII, we may keep just enough of your personal information to ensure that we comply with your requests not use your personal information or comply with your right to erasure. If you require additional details regarding the retention of your PII please contact us.
Where your PII is transferred outside of the EEC to areas such as the United States, NYACS shall ensure that your PII shall have an adequate level of protection as required under the GDPR, including but not limited to executing Data Protection Agreements with our processors and that process your information. These data transfers are necessary to provide the Platform to you. We utilize standard contract clauses and other data protection mechanisms approved by the European Commission, and may rely on the European Commission's adequacy decisions to transfer your PII to other countries.
We collect, use, and share the information we have as described above:
- as necessary to fulfill our Terms of Service;
- consistent with your consent, which you can revoke at any time;
- as necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- occasionally to protect your vital interests, or those of others;
- as necessary in the public interest; and
- as necessary for our (or others') legitimate interests, including our interests in providing an safe and profitable services to our users and partners, except where such interests would be overruled by your compelling interests to your data privacy.
Aside from the uses listed within this Privacy Notice, NYACS does not share any of your PII with any third parties aside from third parties that are hired by us to assist us in processing your data (Data Processors). All Data Processors have entered into binding agreements with us to ensure that your rights to your PII are respected.
If you are covered under this Privacy Notice and have any additional questions, please contact us at: NYACS, email@example.com