The client wanted to introduce a new product line in smartphones which could provide a more enriching experience in budget pricing. The core objectives of the study were as follows:
Consumer segmentation: Segmenting the consumers for mobile phones in a defined price range and analyzing their buying behavior & purchase considerations
Capturing retailer insights: Collecting insights from mobile phone retailers across all store formats - exclusive, multi-brand and large format retail
The methodology adopted for this survey was face-to-face interviews.
Consumer Survey - We segmented the consumer into various meaningful segments. Apart from demographic segmentation (age, income, SEC), the Indian consumer was also classified based on mobile consumption behavior & purchase considerations.
Retailer Survey - Through retailer interactions, actionable insights were generated around:
- Store management - store size, marketing merchandize, location
- Offtake - footfall, sales trend, most popular models
- Staff management – staff count, incentive structure, staff training
- Value chain - source of stock, booking to delivery cycle, margins
The survey provided valuable insights to the client basis which the client was able to:
- Estimate the smartphone market potential
- Identify must-have and good-to-have smartphone features
- Craft the right pricing strategy, operational strategy & promotion strategy
- Haryana, India
- Our motto is Helping the brands sell better from Retail through its Market Research, Mystery Shopping, Field Force Management & Technology Solutions.