“Socialize Your Insights” e-book presents ways you, or any market research professional, can raise awareness and accelerate implementation of your insights using Salesforce. This e-book will guide you to take your insights to a higher level, a social level. Bring your insights to where your colleagues and peers live, their Salesforce cloud.
1. ENGAGE ON CHATTER
- Start using Chatter to its full potential! Use chatter to start conversations around insights which will help create institutional memory on specific insights and also capture conversations for all to see without having to call lengthy meetings.
- Create a consistent #insight hashtag to make sure your internal colleagues can quickly identify new insights throughout chatter.
- Consider creating a group for your research department to help not only share insights but to also start conversations on the types of research you should be conducting.
- Get feedback on defining scope for your upcoming research projects, push staff to tell you what types of issues they are facing and allow open discussion on where your company and brand needs better understanding from the voice of your customers.
2. CREATE SENIOR LEVEL BUY-IN
- Push Senior Level colleagues to “like” insights and chime in on conversations to add weight to your corporate researchers and their insights.
- Allow entire company hierarchy to see which insights rise to the top of the “like” foodchain.
3. ADD MARKETING RESEARCH INSIGHTS TO CUSTOMER CONVERSATIONS
- Drive communication on insights from double-blind research! Too much reliance on salesperson feedback can create biased forms of insights.
- Embrace those individuals that use Salesforce to gather insights on customers and make sure they see your insights in addition to customer feedback to salespeople.
4. SCHEDULE YOUR INSIGHT EVENTS
- Utilize the event functionality on Salesforce to promote webcasts of research findings and to align colleagues on latest insights.
- Use the events functionality to let staff know when and where they can next visit behind the one-way mirror for your next focus group.
- Let sales people, R&D, marketers and especially Executive staff hear first hand your moderated research feedback from the field. Many salespeople are shocked to hear insights that they never hear in the field, and to see what customers really think without the filter and haze of negotiations and relationship history to cloud their remarks.
5. UTILIZE POLLS
- Consider polling the value of an insight, study idea, strength of open-end, power of a qualitative finding and any other metric relative to the marketing research process. One of the best ways to judge the value of an insight is to have your colleagues vote on it.
- Allow your company to give input on the direction of your research design and findings, from survey design to reporting templates (without letting your project scope drift).
6. UTILIZE MARKET ANALYTICS
- Watch the open rates on emails that utilize research insights to determine most impactful insights.
- Put a particularly powerful brand insight directly into the subject line of a direct marketing email and test it against a professionally copy-written email subject line.
- Don’t judge who has better feedback (your customers or your marketing staff) but let the open and click-through rates speak for themselves.
7. FIND YOUR BRAND CHAMPIONS AND BRAND NON-LOVERS
- Utilize Brand Champions as sounding boards for new ideas, be it through sales staff they know or even the more social members of your insights team directly.
- Derive ideas for improvement and constructive thoughts on how to better position your company.
- Listen to your customers that have, for whatever reason, a temporary bad impression of your brand or your company.
- Delicately handled, these individuals too can be great for 3rd party IDI’s to determine where you went wrong and at what point your customer experience went awry.
- stay customer centric
- have a longer shelf life
- present the Voice-Of-YOUR-Customer unfiltered and unbiased
- respect the time, inbox and meeting restraints of your colleagues!
- Assess the value of various Salesforce applications
- Identify most effective ways to access insights from market research
- Determine willingness to download apps to Salesforce toolbar
- myCLEARopinion: March 1 –28, 2013
- ResearchNow: March 25 – April 4, 2013
Clear Seas Research
- Troy, Michigan
- Clear Seas Research facilitates superior decision making in today’s data driven world by making the complex clear.