Medical devices: Market access strategies
Posted July 11, 2016, TforG GroupCase study
TforG helps its customers who are reaching out to new markets.
- Prioritization: compare the potential markets to allow shortlisting based on size, accessibility, clinical practice, business models,…
- Profiling: Describe the full context of the pre-selected markets: decision process, competition, market shares, reimbursement, pricing models,…
- Go to Market tactics: compare different business models. Eventually identify, screen and contact a shortlist of distributors in the final selection of markets.
A company wanted to consider moving into the European Market with a new surgical device. Throughout this project they wanted to better understand the current market treatment landscape in Europe.
This would also allow them to prioritize which markets would be most attractive for commercialization of their devices.
- Public, Private, University hospitals
- Small, Medium, Large hospitals
- Others: eg. Surgery centers, part of GPO, etc…
- Optimal Price point
- Willingness to pay
Time to Market & Potential:
- 6 / 12 / 18 / 24 / 30 months
- Overview per country