Want to learn what the leaders in our industry are doing to get better data, and therefore, getting better insights? Do you want them to explain how they improved their data as a result of actual research they performed to understand consumer behavior and study flaws to deliver better research outcomes?
We have a group scientist from Procter and Gamble, an author and noted expert on creating better quantitative research through better survey instruments, and our own Research Design Engineer as our guest speakers in this discussion.
View the recording. You will learn about:
- Practical tips you can utilize to improve both your qualitative & quantitative research. Our experts will give you “lessons learned” and fresh data from recent studies they’ve performed that will immediately improve your research.
- The emotional drivers behind why consumers engage in research (hint, its more than just the money or survey points!) Our speakers will share how researchers can tap into that “something more” so they get better research (and…lower costs!).
- The differences in data participants (panels) and why the right source of participants makes all the difference in your research outcomes.
- Online data quality and how to identify good responses (vs. the host of bad actors that can negatively skew your results). What is going on with your survey that is impacting survey quality, and how can you stop it?
Tia Maurer, Group Scientist, Proctor & Gamble
Tia is a seasoned product researcher at the Procter & Gamble Company. She has extensive consumer research and product development experience across two global business units. She has designed, developed and piloted many emerging consumer research methodologies to uncover insights to fuel product innovation and guide product development for the Cascade, Olay, Pantene, Herbal Essences and Head & Shoulders brands.
With over 20 years of experience in consumer centric research and product development, she works closely with Beauty Care products researchers providing leadership and expert research design advice to project teams as they execute and analyze consumer research for new project initiatives. Tia holds an Masters in Business Administration from Indiana Wesleyan University and a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry from Ohio University. In her spare time, Tia enjoys ballroom dancing with her husband, Jason and shares her love for writing and science as a volunteer teacher for students seeking their GED.
David F. Harris, author of, The Complete Guide to Writing Questionnaires: How to Get Better Information for Better Decisions
David F. Harris conducts qualitative and quantitative research for companies in a variety of industries. As founder of Insight & Measurement, he also conducts training and consulting on questionnaire design and screener development. He is author of, The Complete Guide to Writing Questionnaires: How to Get Better Information for Better Decisions. He received his B.A. from Reed College, in Portland, Oregon, and his M.A. in Quantitative Psychology from the L. L. Thurstone Psychometric Laboratory at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Renee Wyckoff, Research Design Engineer at L&E Research
Renee Wyckoff is a research design engineer with L&E. Her role is to work as a consultant to corporate clients to assist them with project design and execution. She also works as an internal consultant within L&E. As a RIVA-trained moderator, Renee incorporates those tools into her every day interactions with both clients and the L&E team. Most recently, Renee has been developing and moderating a 2018 L&E Webinar series called “Six Steps to Perfect Qual.” She has recently finished the process of designing and executing another phase of internal market research based around the emotional triggers that motivate respondents.
L&E Research - St. Louis
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Making connections to create conversation that help our clients make better decisions, so allowing us to give back to our communities.