Major Appliance Manufacturer Improves Sales through Emotional Consumer Connection
Posted September 10, 2015, Insights in MarketingCase study
A major appliance manufacturer lacked marketplace differentiation and was looking to create an emotional consumer connection with its target market. As such, it wanted to devise a messaging strategy that would go beyond functional category benefits to create an emotional consumer connection.
- Identify meaningful, emotional insights to leverage in marketing communications
- Understand the persuasion and break-through potential of various advertising campaigns
- Translate lead advertising campaign online in a way that emotionally resonates with consumers and is easy to navigate
Insights in Marketing conducted a series of in-depth, one-on-one interviews and leveraged video-based homework of people performing household chores to identify emotional, meaningful insights.
Leveraging these meaningful insights, the client team created advertising concepts which IIM tested with consumers during in-person focus groups.
Once an ad concept was selected, IIM conducted web cam online interviews with consumers to test the concept's effectiveness online via website usability testing.
Through this 3-pronged approach the team:
- Introduced a new integrated marketing campaign which included TV, print, in-store and online communication vehicles.
- Experienced improved sales and increased brand relevancy (campaign ran for 3 years).
- Identified an emotional linkage to brand perception and product use, enabling more effective communication with target consumer